Wednesday 12 October 2011

kick off.............


The start of a brand new blog....

I’ve started-up on so many unfinished projects that I can bear perfect testimony to it. I even had a blog once, which fell into disuse thanks to what I call my chronic writers’ block, another polite excuse for my laziness. Whenever you start to write a new piece, you have the basic idea about the stuff you are going to put into it. Say you are going to write a novel. You would have figured out all the basic things, the names of the hero and the villain (lol), the basic plot, maybe even some kick-ass action sequences involving the protagonist. But ask yourself, would you have decided on what exactly you would write in the first ever line of the first ever chapter? Most of you will answer this with a ‘no’ and I’ve full sympathy with you (absolutely none if you said yes). 

Beginnings are difficult. They’re so very surprisingly difficult, they could actually make you never begin, and today I face the exact same problem. I figured out that I really wanted to start this blog, after a certain write up i wrote about state of affairs in Indian parliamentary system, and the article, inspired mainly from the style of cyrus and fuelled by sarcasm and frustration wasn’t exactly the best thing I’ve put up on paper. But luckily I shared it on  to further its popularity. This turned out to be a move as awesome as a  back-flip blow (no, it doesn’t really exist, and yes, it’s senseless). I received a moderately good response to that article and that inspired some more ideas on similar lines of thought. Those lines of thought have led me to this so i made this pretty instantaenous decision of writing a blog which is pretty much as intellectual and sophisticated i might get on the internet.. Obviously, that did not help me with the beginning of this blog and here I am, still writing down completely irrelevant thoughts.
                                 
   Another very difficult thing about starting to write something new, is deciding on a title. Your title is the first impression, the single most motivating aspect for a potential reader and probably the biggest factor in deciding how awesome your article finally is. I mean your article can have good matter and flow, but a messy title can wreak havoc with its image.

After using up so much space in explaining the title’s importance, I would like to explain my choice of title. I call this blog " The Perennial Psyche" don't confuse with psycho, it  may sound as bizarre as it seems but trust me after so many titles that crossed through my mind none seemed to settle down better than this one, don't complicate yourself deciphering its meaning let me put it simply-Lasting or remaining active throughout the year, or all the time, the human mind as the central force in thought, emotion, and behavior of an individual.


Nah! Mostly I just chose it because it sounds cool.                       

Now that’s a pretty long beginning for someone who took two paragraphs to explain why they suck.

I guess I’ll end the beginning now.
                                            

                                                
So folks thats the end of the first episode. Stay tuned for more exciting episodes of " The Perennial Psyche"

sign offfffffff
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment